Want to make a difference? Apply to join Kindred’s Board of Directors
Join Kindred’s Board of Directors and Help Us Build a Better Future for Children with Disability and their Families
Kindred is a fast-growing independent, family-led not-for-profit organisation that supports parents and caregivers raising children with disability, delay, and neurodivergence across New South Wales. We believe that when families are supported, children thrive. That’s why we offer a range of programs and services to help families build their knowledge and skills, create networks of support, and feel positive and hopeful for their child’s future.
Kindred is guided by values that promote inclusion, strengths-based and evidence-based approaches, and the rights and dignity of all people. Since our establishment in 2019, we have rapidly grown to be a valuable support for our community of families who have children with disability. Last year, our workshops, webinars, peer groups and programs directly supported over 2,000 families, and we reached over 59,000 people through our digital resources, information and communications.
We are seeking applications from professionals with the following skills and experience:
- Government Relations
- Impact Measurement
- Community Development/Service Excellence
- Legal expertise
- Understanding of the not-for-profit and/or community services sector
- Lived experience of disability or raising a child with disability
It is not necessary for applicants to have all of these skills and experiences; we are a Board with diverse professionals and personal backgrounds covering these domains and more.
- Apply knowledge and skills to assist the Board in setting and executing the strategic direction of Kindred
- Understand Kindred’s financial affairs and ensuring fiduciary responsibilities are met
- Regularly attend Board meetings and important related meetings
- Stay informed about Board matters, prepare for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports
- Represent the organisation to key stakeholders and promote Kindred within the broader community
Board Member Requirements:
- Previous board experience preferred
- Professional experience with leadership experience in the business, government, community or non-proﬁt sector
- Sufficient time availability for board duties (approx. 4-6 hrs per month)
- Demonstrated alignment with Kindred’s Guiding Principles
Meetings are held online. NSW applicants are preferred, but applicants from other Australian states and territories will be considered.
This is an unpaid board role.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a brief cover letter to Kate McNamara, Chair of Kindred’s Board (email@example.com) outlining the skills and experience you bring to the role.
Please contact Kate if you have any questions.
Applications close on 29 October 2023
Kindred is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability.