National Autism Strategy: Paid Discussion Group Opportunity
About the Project
Kindred, in partnership with The Social Deck* is hosting an online group discussion with families of young Autistic children with higher support needs in NSW, about the National Autism Strategy.
The Government’s National Autism Strategy will provide a coordinated, national approach to policies and services, giving better support to autistic people and their families.
The discussion will be focussed on four areas:
- Social inclusion – what autistic people need to live the lives they want and deserve
- Economic inclusion – which includes things like education and employment
- Diagnosis, services and supports – which involved all stages of the diagnosis process, finding and accessing appropriate services and supports
- Health and mental health
Online Discussion Group Details
Date: Tuesday 31 October 2023
Time: 7:30pm – 9:00pm
Online Via Zoo
Parents who take part in the online discussion will receive a $75 voucher for their participation.
- Be a parent of an Autistic child with higher support needs, aged 0 – 12, who resides in NSW.
- Have a good internet connection.
- Consent to being recorded (please note recordings are for internal use only by The Social Deck).
- Have your camera on during the session.
To ensure representation and diversity across a broad range of experiences, we are asking families to complete an Expression of Interest form.
How to Apply
Please complete the Expression of Interest form by Friday 27 October 2023.
Successful applicants will be contacted by Saturday 28 October 2023.
If you are unable to attend this consultation, you can also visit the Department of Social Services website before 30 October, to find other ways to get involved. These include making a submission, answering guided questions online or sharing your ideas on an online ideas wall.
* The Social Deck has been engaged by the Department of Social Services to facilitate community engagement and consultation.