Introduction to… Secure Attachment with your child
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men”Fredrick Douglas
Attachment is an emotional bond with another person. It is the foundation of your child’s ability to connect with others in a healthy way and starts from birth with the parents & caregivers.
Research tells us children need a secure base to explore, learn and relate to their world. It’s necessary for their wellbeing, motivation and healthy development. Secure attachment is essential for their safety, regulation, adaptability, and resilience.
On the 30th July 2020, Melo & Kylie presented a webinar on an ‘Introduction to Secure Attachment with your Child’. IN the webinar, they discussed:
- The four attachment styles of children & adults for relationships.
- The vital role we have as parents.
- The concepts we need to understand for secure attachment.
- The developmental stages of our child’s attachment.
Watch the webinar and learn why so many parents include Secure Attachment with your Child in their toolkit of knowledge to bring out the very best in their children.
About the presenters:
Kylie is a mum to two neurodiverse children. Her family lives the day to day journey of what a medical and disability diagnosis means. She is an experienced Naturopath, Doula and Peer Facilitator of empowering parent and disability programs. She also mentors and supports families with evidence-based, child-led and strengths-focused approaches.
Melo is dad to two. His daughter Victoria has an intellectual disability. Melo is passionate about helping people be the best they can be. He’s particularly interested in assisting fathers to become a better parent, better partner and better person. Melo is a life coach, NLP practitioner, he runs a MyTime group for dads and facilitates a number of evidence-based parenting programs.
Both Kylie and Melo are trained to facilitate emotion coaching programs and have first-hand experience using secure attachment with their children.
- Circle of Security International Website & program.
- Circle of Security Program (check out Resourcing Parents website for dates and locations)
- Raising a Secure Child by Kent Hoffman, Glen Cooper and Bert Powell
- The Circle of Security Intervention by Bert Powell, Kent Hoffman, Glen Cooper and Bob Marvin